Pages

Thursday 5 October 2017

PBS Blogging Journey - Day 4, Activity 1

Today I did the first activity of day four for the school holiday reading challenge, for it I had to find out about what life was like as an ANZAC soldier. I had to visit the Museum Website and find out 3 facts and write why it interests me. To get this information, we had to watch a few videos that explained the events that happened throughout World War 1.

Fact 1 - There was one time when the Turkish waved a white flag, requesting to free clean their bodies. This fact interests me because I never knew that you could do that in a war. 

Fact 2 - Austria - Hungary declared war on Serbia supported by Germany, then the Russians declared war on Austria - Hungary supported by France. Once Germany invaded France through Belgium, and then came the British, until all countries were included in this war making it a world war. The reason this fact interests me is because that one small thing can lead to something huge.

Fact 3 -  Over 44,00 ANZAC troops died because they missed the spot hey were supposed to land at, they landed near a cliff where the enemy troops were. This fact is interesting to me because by making a small mistake can really cost you.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fraidon well done on completing the first task of day 4. I really like your detailed blurb of your blog post explaining what we needed to do and I also like the reasons why you found each fact you listed interesting and the the font of this blog post. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fraidon,
    Great job on finishing the first activity for day 4 of the holiday blogging challenge! I also found those facts interesting, especially the first one. Did you know about any of these facts? And did you find this a hard challenge? I hope to see more amazing posts Fraidon.
    Keep Up The Awesome Blogging!

    - Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fraidoon
    Great job on this activity. The facts that you have listed are interesting. I think you are right, one small mistake in a war could cost you a lot. Well done.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fraidon!
    Great job on completing this activity! I like how you explained what you had to do for this activity. I have a question though: Was it easy to get the information from the videos?
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete